The Department of Minorities Welfare was created in the year 1993. The primary objective of the Department is socio economic development and educational advancement of minorities in the State.
The main functions of the Department are as follows:
- Introduce schemes to promote accelerated socio economic development of minorities
- Introduce educational concessions for students of minority communities
- Implement schemes for development of women and children of minority communities
- Provide training and employment opportunities, thereby tackling the problem economic backwardness among minoritie
- Provide guidance to those in the minority communities wanting to set up entrepreneurial ventures