The Department of Planning is engaged in the collection, compilation, tabulation and publication of the socio economic data related to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The functional areas of the department include:
- Agricultural Statistics covering rainfall statistics, area statistics comprising data on land use, area and production and yield statistics of various crops produced in the state.
- Industrial Statistics are covered under two parts: Organised factory sector and Unorganised non-factory sector.
- Prices and Wages statistics covers collection, compilation, analysis and publication of a wide variety of prices including farm harvest prices, peak marketing prices of agricultural products, wholesale prices of 33 agricultural commodities, and more.
- Official Statistics covers the preparation of Mandal Gananka Darshini annually. It includes detail statistics on all important parameters of a Mandal.
- State Economy (GSDP and Capital) Formation: State domestic product popularly known as State Income is one of the important indicators of economic development. The estimates of the state domestic product at current and constant prices by industry of origin are prepared in four stages for every year.
- Special Censuses
- Agricultural Census
- Socio-Economic Surveys