The Department of Industries and Commerce is primarily responsible for the development of industries in general and small-scale industries in particular. The Department also plans and implements various schemes for industrial development in the State.
Industries and Commerce is a powerful enabler for progress and growth. Under the visionary leadership of the Chief Minister the state is setting progressive policies and ambitious goals for the welfare of the state. Well established development credentials of the Chief Minister are a positive enabler for the holistic development of Andhra Pradesh.
The Swarnandhra Vision 2029 envisions transforming Andhra Pradesh to be among India’s three best states by 2022 and a developed state by 2029.
Mission of the Department:
The key objectives of the mission are to:
- Make Andhra Pradesh a leading “Manufacturing Hub” in the country
- Increase the share of manufacturing sector in the overall state GDP
- Create large scale employment
Moreover the focus of the mission is to bring about sustainable growth which is aligned with the green objectives of the state. A favourable political system with a more business-friendly environment and proactive policies is an enabler for growth. The Government of AP thus has developed a comprehensive Industry mission blueprint setting out its thought processes, the focus areas and the policy framework envisaged to provide a significant fillip to industries in Andhra Pradesh.
The main functions of the Industries and Commerce Department are::
- Assist and guide entrepreneurs in setting up industrial units
- Enable entrepreneurs to get different industrial approvals and clearances from various departments / agencies from a single point
- Register small industries / tiny industries / small-scale service and business enterprises
- Sanction incentives to industrial units that are eligible
- Create a transparent, congenial, hassle-free and business-friendly environment for accelerated growth of the industrial sector in the State
- Provide marketing assistance to the local industrial units
- Rehabilitate sick small industrial units, and so on
Commissioner of Handlooms & Textiles
AP Leather Industries Dev. Corpn.,
A P Trade Promotion Corporation
A.P. Khadi &Village Industries Board.
A.P. Industrial Infrastructure Corporation(APIIC)
Director of Mines and Geology Dept.
A.P. Mineral Development Corporation
A.P. Industrial Development Corporation
A.P. State Financial Corporation
Commissioner of Sugar and Cane Commissioner
A.P. Handicrafts Dev. Corporation
A.P. State Handloom Weavers Co-operative Society Ltd., (APCO)
A.P. State Trading Corporation
Commissionerate of Industries
Infrastructure Corporation of AP Ltd., (INCAP)