The Housing Department was formed in 1991 with the primary objective of providing shelter to the homeless in rural and urban areas.
The A.P. Housing Federation Limited (AP HOUSEFED) that arranges to provide advance loans for members of the Primary Housing Societies by availing loans from Life Insurance Corporation of India, Mumbai and HUDCO.
The A.P. Housing Federation Limited aims to bring dignity to each and every BPL family by assisting them, both financially and technically, for construction of permanent (Pucca) houses. The financial assistance is provided as per the various schemes of State Government and Government of India. Objectives of the department are to undertake or regulate construction of houses and create or cause to be created other infrastructural facilities for the said housing scheme, to formulate, promote and execute Housing Schemes for the benefit of people in general and particularly the Weaker Sections.
Saturation approach – No poor household left without a pucca house.
- People’s participation is the key.
- Motivation of beneficiaries is focus area.
- Execution, payment and monitoring done through:
- E-Governance system that
- Facilitates making payment.
- Internet banking system.
- Monitors house-wise progress.
- Follows up complaints.
- Disbursement only through individual accounts (Bank & Post Offices)
- No middlemen in disbursement
Andhra Pradesh is the first State in the Country, to establish an exclusive organization, APSHCLto pursue the following:
- To formulate, promote and execute Housing Schemes for the benefit of people in general and particularly the Weaker Sections or persons living in Rural and Urban areas and to those who are affected or likely to be affected by natural calamities such as Cyclone and Tidal Waves.
- To undertake or regulate construction of houses and create or cause to be created other infrastructural facilities for the said housing scheme.
- To take up research and development activities in the field of construction and material management and to associate and collaborate with Government, individuals, organizations and associations how in the field of building construction, land development, environmental improvement and such other activities as are useful healthy commodities.
- Mobilizes loans from various Financial Institutions for implementation of Housing Programme.
- Plays the role of facilitator in the construction of houses by providing technical and financial assistance.
- Propagates Cost Effective and Eco-Friendly Construction (CEEF) materials and technologies in construction of houses.
- Imparts training for skill upgradation through NirmithiKendras.
- Facilitating Credit
- Encourages insitu production of alternative construction materials.
- Recovers loans from beneficiaries in monthly installments by motivation.
- Attain 6% Growth Rate and increased Returns on investment to farmers through
- Improved Technology
- Preparation of Budget Estimates and Revised Estimates and submission of the same to Govt. for obtaining approval.
- Submission of proposals to Govt. for obtaining Supplementary grants.
- Submission of proposals to Govt. under Plan schemes for release of funds for the purpose of project subsidy (Normal, SCP,TASP), Managerial subsidy with reference to Budget Provisions and obtaining sanctions from Government.
- Submission of proposals under Non-Plan Schemes such as repayment of loans to LIC,GIC, HUDCO. Commercial Banks and Home Finance Companies and obtaining orders from the Government
- Obtaining of Budget Authorizations under different heads of accounts from the Director of Treasuries and Accounts from time to time
- Preparations of bills as per the sanctions received from the Govt. presentation of the bills in the concerned Pay and Accounts Officer’s Office, obtaining of cheques/ LOCs from the concerned PAOs/DTO(Urban) and passing on them to the A.P. Housing Federation Limited.
- Maintenance of loans ledgers pertaining to the loans obtained from LIC & GIC.
- Monthly reconciliation of Departmental expenditure figures with those of P.A.O.
- Quarterly reconciliation of Departmental expenditure of figures with those of the accounts of the A.G., Hyderabad and issue of Reconciliation Certificate.
AP State Housing Corporation
A.P. Weaker Sections Housing Programme
A.P. Rajiv Swagruha Corporation Ltd.,