The Home Department works on all matters pertaining to personnel of police dept., prisons dept., fire service dept., and printing & stationery dept., except matters of cadre officers, all matters pertaining special protection force (SPF), all matters pertaining sainik welfare dept., all matters relating to arms act and rules state judicial service matters, sanction of prosecution and withdrawal of prosecution, delegation of magisterial powers to district collectors and district election officers during elections and conferment of magisterial powers to the IAS probationers, etc.
The Home Department works towards eliminating threats to the internal security of the State. It preserves, protects and promotes social harmony.
The Police Wing dealing with:
- Service matters
- Court cases
- Creation of police stations, and so on
The Passports and Prisons Wing dealing with:
- Grant for extension of stay to foreign nationals
- Renewal of passports
- Visa extensions, and so on
The Courts Wing dealing with:
- Financial sanctions relating to High Court and other courts in the
- Grant-in-aid to Bar associations
- Construction of Court buildings, and so on
To ensure availability of efficacious and quality drugs at affordable prices as fixed by the centralgovernment to the public and to make the state of Andhra Pradesh free of spurious drugs.
Allocation of work to Home Department:
- All Matters pertaining to personnel of Police Dept., Prisons Dept., Fire Service Dept., and Printing & Stationery Dept, except matters of Cadre Officers.
- All matters pertaining Special Protection Force (SPF)
- All matters pertaining Saink Welfare Dept.
- Police Housing Corporation Limited
- Home Guards
- State Judicial Service matters
- Cinema (Regulation) Act/Rules, Cable TV New works Regulation Act
- Sanction of Prosecution and Withdrawal of Prosecution
- Amendment to Cr.PC, IPC, CPC, Indian Evidence Act
- Delegation of Magisterial Powers to District Collectors and District Election Officers during Elections and conferment of Magisterial Powers to the IAS Probationers.
- ACB cases other than Cadre Officers
- Entrustment / concurrence of cases to CB CID for investigation of Prosecution and Withdrawal of Prosecution
- Award of Seva Pathakams / Medals
- Loans and Advances including GPF withdrawal pertaining to IPS Cadre Officers
- Matters relating to Visa / Passport/ Citizenship
- Matters of Hyderabad Race Club, permission to Tombola Games in Clubs and permission for Lotteries, Chit Funds
- Preparation and presentation of Budget pertaining to Home Department
- All LAQs / LCQs / Parliament questions pertaining to Home Department.
Office of the DG and IG of police
Commissioner of Police, Vijayawada
Director of Forensic Science Laboratory
Directorate of Fire Services
Office of the DG and IG of Prisons and Director of Correctional Services
State Level Police Recruitment Board
Police Transport Organisation
AP State Police Housing Corporation
Commissionerate of Printing, Stationery and Stores Purchase
Directorate of Prosecutions
Directorate of Sainik Welfare