It deals with the entire gamut of personnel management in the Government- recruitment, training, performance evaluation, promotion, discipline, placement, service conditions and so on. To keep pace with rapid changes in the administrative system, the Department has taken endeavour to implement administrative reforms by introducing structural changes; rationalizing rules; regulations and procedures, creating databases and using information technology
- The General Administration Department headed by the Chief Secretary to Government.
- The General Administration Department deals with all activities associated with the administration of the State
- The General Administration Department advises and assists all other departments of the AP Secretariat in Service matters.
To enhance responsiveness of Civil Service in the State and facilitate in providing transparent and citizen friendly governance
To improve governance by facilitating adoption of cost effective innovative systems and processes by Government Departments and developing partnership with all stakeholders including the Civil Society.
The main functions of the Department are:
- Deal with grievances of the State Government Employees whenever their fundamental rights under the Constitution of India concerning their service and Conditions of Service are affected
- Deal with disputes regarding recruitment and matters concerning recruitment to any Civil Service of the State or to any civil post under the State, Local Authority or Corporation
- Create development awareness and communication among all sections of the people, particularly the weaker sections and women by operating the department’s tools of Mass Media Communication combined with intensive publicity and public relations
- Promote honest and transparent conduct on part of Government and Public Servants through effective enforcements of Anti-Corruption Laws in order to make legitimate services available to the citizen
- Provide reception and hospitality to State Guests in a cost effective manner, in such a way that it enhances the reputation and image of the State
Director General, Anti-corruption Bureau
AP HRD Institute, Bapatla
Institution of Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh
Commissioner, Information and Public Relations Dept.
Commissionerate of Inquiries
Vigilance & Enforcement Department
Tribunal for Disciplinary Proceedings
A.P. State Film, Television and Theatre Development Corporation
Director of Translations Dept.
Non-Resident Telugu (APNRT) Society