The erstwhile APSEB was unbundled into one Generating Company (APGENCO), One Transmission Company (APTRANSCO) and Four Distribution Companies (APDISCOMs) as part of the reform process.
The Energy Department in Andhra Pradesh is headed by Principal Secretary (Energy).The main functions of this Department are:
- Oversee the functioning of electricity, coal and boiler sectors in the State
- Act as a nodal agency for supervising the functioning of these sectors
- Direct all administrative matters/policy decisions related to these sectors
To Plan, Construct and Maintain the Transmission Network in the State of Andhra Pradesh in line with Demand Growth and Generation Expansion in an efficient manner so as to ensure highest availability and lowest operational costs.
Infrastructure and Investment:
The Infrastructure and Investment Department facilitates and monitors projects being executed within the State, starting from conceptualizing to project delivery.
The main objective of the Infrastructure & Investment Department is to achieve the development and growth objectives of the State by creating adequate and state-of-the-art’ infrastructure facilities:
The Department meets its set objectives through the following organizations:
- The Infrastructure Corporation of Andhra Pradesh (INCAP), which acts as a Developer, Advisory, Financier and Manager, and renders the full range of services in every phase of project development, from inception to completion.
- The A.P. Infrastructure Authority, which is entrusted with the chief responsibility of conceptualizing and identifying projects and ensuring their conformance to the objectives of the State.
- A. P. Invest, which is the single point of contact that facilitates investments in Andhra Pradesh.
To be recognized and respected as one of the best transmission utilities and set bench-marks in every parameter of operation for others to follow. Our core values include: Customer Centric Operations, Team Work, Accountability, Integrity, Social Responsibility.
- Champion the cause of Conservation of Energy and take all necessary measures for creation of necessary awareness and bringing about sustainable behavioural change leading to economical consumption of energy.
- Facilitate and enforce the efficient use of energy and its conservation on various Government and Government supported organizations covering all areas of energy use.
- Advise the State Government on the implementation of various provisions of Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- Compile best practices and methods to reduce consumption in each of the domestic, commercial, industrial & agriculture segments bench marking against the best international standards & practices and communicate the same through case studies, demo-centres and neighborhood pilots to different consumer segments.
AP Electricity Regulatory Commission
AP Eastern Power Distribution Company of AP Ltd.,
New & Renewable Energy Development Corporation of AP Ltd
Southern Power Distribution Company of APLTD TIRUPATHI (APSPDCL)
Chief Electrical Inspector
AP Solar Power Corporation Pvt.,Ltd.,