BC Welfare Department was bifurcated from Social Welfare Department in the year 1975 and a separate Department was constituted in the Secretariat in 1994 vide G.O.Ms.No.72, Dt.22.02.1994. The BC Service Co-operative Finance Corporation was formed in 1974. The Backward Classes Welfare Department focuses on the welfare and development of Backward Classes.
Constituted in 1994, the Backward Classes Welfare Department focuses on the welfare and development of backward classes.
The Backward Classes Welfare Department focuses on the welfare and development of Backward Classes, aims to promote the following measures among the backward classes:
- Educational advancement
- Economic development
- Implementation of programs that encourage Social Integration
The main objectives of the Backward Classes Welfare Department are to:
- Provide boarding and lodging facilities to children of Backward Classes into Pre-Matric and College Hostels.
- Provide quality School education to meritorious Backward Classes Students pursuing studies at the Pre-Matriculation level by providing Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- Provide access to education for students belonging to Backward Classes of Telangana State by admitting into Residential Schools.
- Facilitate higher education on par with students of the General category, duly providing scholarships and Hostel facility.
- Financial Assistance to Students of Telangana (FAST) in the shape of scholarships
- Provide free coaching facilities to eligible Backward Classes students for various State and Central Government recruitments.
- Provide stipend to the BC Advocates and incentives to the Inter-Caste Married BC Couples.
The functions of the Commission are:
- To examine requests for inclusion of any class of citizens as backward classes in the list and hear complaints of over inclusion or under inclusion of any backward class in such list and tender such advice to the Govt. as it deems appropriate.
- To make recommendations on any other matter relating to the backward classes that may be referred to it by the Govt. from time to time.
- To make an interim report in regard to any castes or classes in whose case urgent action, necessary under the Act in the opinion of the Govt.
- To enquire into specific complaints with regard to the non-observance of the rule of reservation in the admissions into educational institutions and also reservation of appointments to posts/services under the Govt. and other local authorities or other authority in the State.
AP Study Circle for Backward Classes
AP Backward Classes Co-operative Finance Corporation
Director, Backward Classes Welfare
A.P. Commission for Backward Classes
A.P. Washermen Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Nayee Brahmin Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Vaddera Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Sagara (Uppara) Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Valmiki/ Boya Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Krishna Balija, Poosala Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
A.P. Bhattaraja Co-operative Socities Federation Ltd
Kapu Welfare and Development Corp Ltd