Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) Scheme supports creation of world-class infrastructure for attracting investments in the Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector. EMCs scheme supports grant assistance for setting up of both Greenfield and Brownfield EMCs.
To promote investment in the Information Technology (IT) / Information Technology Enabled Services (ITES)/ Electronic Hardware Manufacturing (EHM) units, the Government of India had notified policy on Information Technology Investment Regions (ITIRs) in May 2008. ITIRs will be self contained integrated township to accelerate growth of IT/ITeS/EHM industry.
The State Government would play the lead role in setting up of the ITIR.
In its endeavour to support the growth of IT/ ITeS, BPM and ESDM industry, the GoAP has undertaken several infrastructure projects to enable companies to start operations in the city. These include: :
- CRDA, Vijayawada
- Ports Development Infrastructure
- Power Plants
- IT and Electronics
- Women & Child Welfare
- Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) proposed to develop NIMZs at Chittoor and Prakasam Districts for which In-principle approval was already accorded by GoI
- Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) proposed to develop PRIDEs at SPS Nellore, Kurnool (within proposed Kurnool Mega Industrial Hub) and Prakasam (within proposed Donakonda Mega Industrial Hub) Districts. APIIC engaged IIDC Limited (An IL&FS Group Company) for preparation of Project Report, Site Master Plan and application documents.
- Signature Towers with 9 lakh square feet of built up area in hill 3 of Madhurwada IT SEZ
- IT Tower for promoting domain specific innovation at Siripuram developed jointly by VUDA and Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- Millennium Towers with 3 lakh square feet of built up area in hill 3 of Madhurwada IT SEZ
- Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering & Research (SAMEER) R&D complex at Gambheeram by the Government of India
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster planned in 128 acres of land at Gurrampalem
- National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZ), Anantapuram
- Solar Park by NTPC in Anantapuram
- Anantapuram is part of the proposed Bengaluru Kurnool Industrial corridor15 and Chennai – Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC)
- Upcoming Bharat Electronics Ltd. Defense systems integration complex in Palasamudram spread over 914 acres
- Defence manufacturing clusters planned in Anantapur
- Plans to develop a life Sciences Park and SEZ in Hindupur
- 1750 (approximate) acres of land earmarked for a SEZ, Industrial and Residential township at Hindupur in Seemandhra
- Vittal Innovation city(VIC) to set up a dedicated Aerospace and Defence park
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster at Renigunta (M) & Yerpeedu (M), Chittoor Dist.
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster, Tirupati Vikruthamala (V), Chittoor Dist.
- Tirupati Smart City
- Visakhapatnam Smart City
- Utilities – Electricity and water supply
- Sanitation and solid waste management
- Efficient public transportation, metro and urban mobility
- Affordable housing